Ok this one is a little harder and it still haven’t perfected it but the recipe is really good.
What you are going to need:
- 1 1/2 cup chana flour (gram flour)
- 1 cup cornflour (maizena)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125 ml hot water
- oil for frying
1. Roast the cumin and caraway seeds in a pan on medium heat. Once the seeds pop remove from heat. Add 125ml hot water.Allow to infuse while you prepare the flours.
2. Combine 1 cup gram flour with 1 cup cornflour and salt. Add the liquid mixture then combine to form a smooth yet firm dough. Use the half cup chana flour to make the dough more manageable.
4. Place the dough into the cookie press . Use the star like nozzle. Press into spiral forms. Place onto the back of the spatula then place into the oil.
5. Allow to fry for 7-10 minutes turning to allow even cooking. Remove from oil once crisp. Set aside on paper towels to drain excess oil.