So like I promised here is the awesome chocolate Brownies recipe. Its super easy and really really yummy!!!!
Just make sure you use a wide low pan else your brownies will raise up like a cake which really isn’t such a bad thing but then it will be a chocolate cake and not a brownie!
1 cup water
½ cup oil
¼ cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarb
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup pecan nuts, finely chopped
- Melt and blend the water, margarine, oil and cocoa in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the bicarb, vanilla essence and eggs.
- Beat with an electric beater for about three minutes.
- Add the chopped nuts and mix throughout.
- Pour into a greased Swiss roll pan and cook for 20-30 minutes at 180°C.
- To make the icing melt 62.5 g margarine, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 2 ½ tablespoons milk in the microwave, then add 2 ½ cups icing sugar. More milk may be needed if icing is not runny enough. Cut the cake when cold, after spreading icing when hot.
So when its cold and you’ve cut it, serve it with ice cream and some cut strawberries!!!