When it comes to cold winter nights or a nice Sunday afternoon, a braai or a bonfire is definitely the way to go. And now a days you can do it in style. Something that is trending in the world of design at the moment is a fire pit and I thought would be a perfect gift for my boyfriend so I decided to make one. To be honest it looks ridiculously difficult to make but is the easiest DIY project I have ever done.
What you need:
- A flower pot/bowl
- An old braai/metal dish/a premade fire pit
- Landscaping sand/any sand
- Place your flower pot/bowl in the exact location that you want the fire pit. It can get very heavy once it’s completed so I suggest you make sure you place it exactly where you want it.
- If the flower pot/bowl doesn’t have a hole in it make a hole in case it rains the water has a place to seep out of.
- Create a layer of sand at the bottom of the flower pot/bowl.
- Place the braai/metal dish/a pre-made fire pit in the flower pot/bowl.
- Fill the area around the braai/metal dish/a pre-made fire pit with sand
- Place the pebbles around the braai/metal dish/a pre-made fire pit
- Fill the braai/metal dish/a pre-made fire pit with wood.
Enjoy your fire pit.