A lot of people have been complaining about Vodacom and their customer service of late and I have also been victim to their horrendous service.
From the 3rd of July 2014 at 11:10:31pm to July 4 2014 4:13:47am 19 gig of data was used on my account.
That essentially means that in 5 hours 19 gigs of data was used. In other words 3.8 gigs were downloaded in an hour.
Vodacom’s average download speed is 1.5MB/s meaning that on average you can download 2.4gigs an hour
So I have put together a list of reasons why this is impossible.
- My contract has a R50 limited after the contracted data has been reached.
- 2 billing tickets were issued after the contracted data and R50 limit had been reached.
- Downloading 3.8gigs an hour is AMAZING!!!!
- I have a two point authentication on my device.
- My SSID is hidden.
- A delayed billing system is not an excuse and not my fault.
- Sessions do close once a limit has been reached. I’ve experienced it.
So Vodacom, I will not be paying my bill that is R5,381.48 over my R50 limit, I would also appreciate it if you could teach your customer service consultants some manners and resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Please feel free to contact me.